Journaling




I began journaling years ago after my brother bought me a journal for one of my birthdays. I always knew I loved to write, but I soon learned that journaling wasn't so much about being a good writer, as it was just getting stuff out and down on paper. It is an awesome counselor, and it always listens without judging. You can choose to re-read over the past, and see how much you've grown, or you can choose to never read the pages again. Sometimes it's very helpful to read back over what you've written. At one point, I decided to re-read my journal, and couldn't help but notice how negatively I was speaking about money. That made it easier to take notice, and make necessary changes. Because what you say you repeat, and what you repeat enough, you believe.

Don't be afraid to write down lists in you journal, brainstorm, draw pictures, think of new ideas to better your life. I can't tell you how freeing it feels to get it all out. And don't get bogged down thinking about what you “have to write.” It can be whatever you want it to be.




Ideas for journaling:
Put time aside a few times a week to write about your life. What are you happy about? What do you want to change? Don't worry about how it looks. Make sure it's in a safe place away from prying eyes, so you have full privacy. In my house, I don't have to worry abut anyone reading my journal, but I know this can be a concern for others. Buy a nice journal and a pretty pen. Make it something enjoyable. Sit down for a quiet moment with a nice cup of tea, and just let out everything you're thinking/feeling. Help yourself to set goals, make plans become a reality all because you have it written down somewhere and know where to look if ever you forgot the reason why you're doing it all.

There's only one thing I caution about with journaling-remember to move towards the goals you're writing about. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the land of “what ifs.” Don't get stuck there. Remember to take action.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Flags

A Letter to Narcissists

5 Things You MUST DO to Stay on Your Diet and Exercise